It’s never too late to make a difference. We offer plenty of training opportunities, career development and orientation to help you be successful. Your success is our success. Don’t think a career in caring has passed you by — we’ll be with you every step of the way.
Your career at Tanner begins with finding a position that interests you and applying online. Search for positions for which you’re qualified and apply for jobs on our job search page. Once we receive your application and resume, our team of talent acquisition specialists will review the application to ensure Tanner is right for you. The application also will be reviewed by the director or hiring manager over the area for which you’ve applied. To check your application status, please click this link to return to ADP and sign in at the top right.
Our hiring process
If the interviews go well, you may receive a job offer. All job offers are extended by a talent acquisition consultant. The talent acquisition consultant will discuss pay, benefits, and post offer tasks. The talent acquisition specialist will establish your start date. You will receive an email with details about the position, your pay rate and the talent acquisition specialist’s contact information. The email also will link you to your new-hire paperwork.
This appointment will come after you've received clearance from your post offer physical requirements. Someone from Human Resources will typically call to help you schedule.
Items to bring for your pre-employment appointment include:
- One or more forms of identification, such as an active driver’s license, Social Security card, certified birth certificate or active passport.
- A voided check for a checking account or a deposit slip for a savings account so we can set up direct deposit for your pay.
- Immunization records.
- Other items requested by the talent acquisition specialist, including licensure, diploma, transcripts, certifications and others. Human Resources staff also will take your picture for your Tanner ID badge and go over any additional forms, instructions for clocking in or any other procedures.
Post-offer physical requirements
After your pre-employment appointment, you’ll be asked to visit the Tanner Occupational Health center, located within Tanner Urgent Care/Carrollton.
You will be asked to present a photo identification, and then you will:
- Complete a medical history questionnaire.
- Provide a specimen for drug testing.
- Receive immunizations (if you are unable to provide immunization records).
- Receive a blood draw for Tuberculosis screening.
- Receive an influenza (flu) shot and have your COVID vaccination status confirmed.
- Allow a blood draw for titer levels.
- Receive a pre-employment physical.
- Initial respirator fit testing if needed for job position.
Tanner Occupational Health will tell you to return within 72 hours for the TB test to be read. You also will need to return to the Human Resources Hiring Center to collect your Tanner ID badge.
Attending employee orientation
Within your first 40 days of employment, you will be scheduled to attend our twice-monthly new-hire orientation.
It will cover policies, procedures and general information about the health system.
Advice to get started
A member of our talent acquisition team offers tips and advice for a successful interview. Make a great impression!